2023 Rules Change Proposals
Listed below are the Rules change proposals submitted to NHLA for consideration by the Rules Committee. The Rules Committee will discuss these proposals at a meeting to be held at NHLA Headquarters in Memphis, TN, and via Zoom call on the 8th of June beginning at 8:00 am CST. The Committee meeting will begin with an open forum for anyone wishing to speak in favor of or against any Rules change proposed. The open forum will be approximately 1 hour in duration, at that time the Rules Committee will go into closed session.
Anyone wishing to be present at the open forum or via Zoom should contact the Chief Inspector, Dana Spessert at [email protected] or by phone at 901-399-7551 at least 1 week prior to the meeting date.
Rules changes that are approved by the Rules Committee to be considered by the NHLA Membership, will be made public at least 30-days prior to the NHLA Annual Convention. An open forum on those changes will be held at the 2021 NHLA Annual Convention (Thursday, September 23). Following the convention open forum, the NHLA Active Membership will be sent a ballot to vote against or in favor of the rules change.
The 2021 Rules Committee members:
- Sam Glidden – Chairman, GMC Hardwoods
- Ray White – Mission Leader, Harold White Lumber
- Mark Bear, Bear Lumber & Tie
- David Mayfield, Mayfield Lumber
- Bucky Pescaglia, MO PAC Lumber
- Tony Honeycutt, Mullican Flooring
- Philip Fischer, Maley & Wertz
- Tom Wright, Edwards Wood Products
- Bill Rosenberry, Carl Rosenberry & Sons
- Paul Kephart, Northwest Hardwoods
- Pete VanAmelsfort, Quality Hardwoods
- Joe Snyder, Fitzpatrick & Weller
Submitted Rules Change Proposals to be considered and discussed.