NHLA General Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
- Any discounted rates only apply to new registrants.
- People who are 18 years of age or older may enter NHLA contests.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following individuals are NOT eligible to enter NHLA contests, even if such individuals meet the age requirements set forth in Section 1 above:
- Any employees (i.e., full-time, part-time and/or temporary employees) of NHLA, of participating sponsor and/or of the respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies of each;
- Any immediate family members of such employees, including without limitation current and/or ex-spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, and/or steps in any of the foregoing categories; and
- Any other individual legally residing in the same household (i.e., at the same address) of such employees, including without limitation roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners.
How to Enter/How to Win
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or to win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chance of winning.
Contest entry period is 10:00 AM CST, September 3rd, 2019 through September 10th, 2019 at 3:oo PM CST. One (1) winner(s)will receive ONE free registration to the 2019 NHLA Convention & Exhibit Showcase in New Orleans, Louisiana. Winner(s) will be mailed their prize within 30 days of winning. Winner(s) must provide mailing address or forfeit their prize. Valued at $825. May not be exchanged for cash.
- NHLA will provide such Contest Terms by means of newsletter(s), website/blog post(s), text message(s), instant message(s), social media network post(s), and on-site/point-of-purchase poster(s), display(s), material(s) and/or handout(s).
- Any reference to information being “announced” or “as announced” shall mean that NHLA has or will provide such information by any one or more of the foregoing means, as determined by NHLA with respect to each Contest.
- For Entering/Winning Online Contests. To enter, visit www.NHLA.com (the “Website”), or NHLA’s Instagram Page, or NHLA’s Facebook as instructed by NHLA, follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest, and complete and submit the online entry form during the Entry Period as announced. The online entry form may require for the Entrant to provide certain required contact information, along with any one or more of the following additional requirements: answering survey questions; correctly answering trivia questions; making predictions or guesses with respect to certain upcoming events; and/or submitting Entrant-generated Content.
The entry process may require Entrants to login to, or to create, a free account with a third-party social media network, including without limitation Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram (“Social Media Network(s)”).
- Such Social Media Network site operators are not sponsors, endorsers, and/or administrators of contests, and are not affiliated with NHLA or its Contests in any way. NHLA cannot control certain factors relating to such Social Media Networks, including, without limitation, errors, cancellation of user accounts, and/or any technical malfunctions that may affect any Entrant’s ability to enter, win, view, be advised of, be eligible for or be properly considered in a particular Contest.
- By entering a Contest by means of a Social Media Network, you are authorizing NHLA to access, utilize and/or pre-load to an entry form, applicable portions of your Social Media Network profile information. Entry information provided in Contests through social networking sites is being provided to NHLA, not the associated Social Media Network site operator.
- NHLA reserves the right, at any time and for any reason or for no reason, to disassociate any person from its Social Media Network page/following by any means then technically available to it (for example, “blocking” a Fan from liking the NHLA’s Facebook page).
- Employees of Social Media Network and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Online or Social Media Contest Entrant, the Entrant will be the one (1) individual who can demonstrate control over the means by which the Entry was submitted to NHLA, as applicable: (i) by logging into Facebook and/or Instagram account with the correct user name and password.
For any Contest that requires Entrant-generated Content.
- Entrants to submit materials such as a photograph, or a video (together with any entry form and the content included, depicted, and/or captured in such essay, photograph, or video, the “Entry Materials”), Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, exclusively own, or have obtained a license from the copyright holder to, the submitted Entry Materials (i.e., Entry Materials cannot be “owned” in any way by any other person or company without obtaining his/her express consent to enter this contest and allow NHLA to use the photo as contemplated in the contest rules).
- Entry Materials must not contain or convey any content that NHLA determines, at its sole discretion, subjectively or otherwise, (i) to be indecent, profane, obscene, explicitly sexual, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, or hateful, (ii) to be racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or objectionable, (iii) to encourage unlawful behavior, (iv) to infringe upon the brand names, trade-marks, trade names, logos, or any other intellectual property that may belong to a third party, or (v) to disclose any detailed personal, physical, contact, or otherwise confidential information that may belong to a third party. The foregoing is not intended to require NHLA to disqualify Entrants who, in NHLA’s sole discretion, appear to be innocently wearing clothing or are in areas that just happen to contain third party logos or marks. Further, NHLA may, but is not obligated to pixilate/cover any trademarks/servicemarks and/or copyrighted materials in NHLA’s sole discretion. NHLA will not be required to make the same determination based on the foregoing for every photo and may treat all Entry Materials, at its sole discretion, even if the problematic Entry Materials are similar. Further:
- For any Contest specifically requiring for Entrants to submit a photograph as part of the entry process, the terms “Photograph”, “Photo”, and/or “Image” may be used interchangeably, and may include, but will not limited to the inclusion of, any image that may be produced by an analog or digital camera, an optical image scanner (or simply, “scanner”), a “screen dump,” “screen capture,” “screenshot,” or “screengrab,” and/or the digital manipulation of one or multiple photographs achieved by the use of image editing software. Photo must be uploaded in either the “.jpeg” or “.jpg” file format (no other formats will be accepted). ONLY THE ENTRANT MAY BE VISIBLE IN THE PHOTO. NO OTHER PERSON MAY BE DEPICTED IN SUCH PHOTO no matter how far away or obscure; provided, however, that NHLA reserves the right to accept Photos that have parts of other people visible that NHLA deems at its sole discretion is not material to the Photo and such persons are completely indistinguishable (e.g., a leg or finger). Further NHLA’s decision in this matter is final and not appealable and NHLA is not obligated to treat every Photo identically (e.g., NHLA may decide that in one photo a leg is not material, but that a leg is in another photo). Any Photo with any other person(s) depicted in it will be ineligible and disqualified, except as otherwise permitted in this subsection.
- For any Contest specifically requiring for Entrants to submit a video as part of Entry process, ONLY THE ENTRANT MAY BE CAPTURED IN THE VIDEO. NO OTHER PERSON’S IMAGE, VOICE OR TALENT CAN BE CAPTURED IN THE VIDEO (no matter how far away, obscure, or otherwise). Any video with any other person(s) or more than one person captured in it will be ineligible and will be disqualified.
- For any Contest that requires Entrant to make (or Tweet) a Social Media Network post with a unique hashtag, and NHLA’s handle if applicable, merely posting with the correct information does not constitute a valid entry. NHLA reserves the right to exclude Social Media post from Contest entry if such post or an entrant fails to comply in any manner with these and all other applicable Contest requirements and rules.
- Use of robotic, mechanical or other forms of pre-programmed entry methods is NOT prohibited.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, NHLA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to implement entry/voting processes from time to time that may frustrate or prohibit automated entry or voting (including, without limitation, CAPTCHA, advance email address verification procedures, limiting the number of entries/votes/web hits accepted/counted after a maximum number within a specified period of time as established by NHLA, which numerical/time limits NHLA may decide not to disclose, and/or prohibit any further entries, votes or web traffic from a particular IP address during a particular Contest, period of time or permanently.
- Before or during any Contest, NHLA reserves the right to install and access cookies, alone or along with other methods, to track web site traffic, entry and/or voting frequency, and/or to detect or prohibit automated methods of voting, entry or website visits.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to Contest entry, including without limitation submitting an incomplete or fraudulent entry, and/or failing to complete the entry process, will result in such Entry being disqualified from such Contest. Any individual(s) that is found to be, or suspected of, tampering with a Contest in any way, including without limitation by making a fraudulent entry, by engaging in any “deal-making” with or between other Contest participants or third parties, by creating a public hazard, by cheating, by engaging in improper or illegal activity, by causing interference with or the destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified from participating and/or winning any prize(s), as applicable, and may be banned from any future participation in any Contest as determined by NHLA at its sole discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
Depending upon the type of Contest, the means of entry, and the entry information provided/required, NHLA may contact Entrant(s), Qualifier(s), winner(s), and/or grand prize winner(s) by phone, by email, by text message, by direct message or public post on social media network, as applicable. NHLA will only be required to leave one voicemail message, send one email, send one text message, send one direct message on social media, and/or make one public posting on social media. NHLA reserves the right, but not the obligation, to attempt to contact any Entrant(s), Qualifier(s), winner(s), and/or grand prize winner(s) more than once, at its sole discretion, and will not be required to attempt to contact Entrant(s), Qualifier(s), winner(s), and/or grand prize winner(s) an equal number of times or in the same manner.
NHLA will be the sole arbiter in all matters relating to the Contest, including without limitation, Contest entries and in the interpretation of Contest rules. All decisions by NHLA will be final and may not be appealed. Entry into Contests constitutes agreement by Entrants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by NHLA.
Unless otherwise specified, the following terms and restrictions may apply generally to prizes awarded in Contests:
- Any prize involving travel, including without limitation prizes consisting in whole or in part of overnight accommodations and/or travel by air, rail, ship, or motor coach, will be based upon availability and subject to additional terms and restrictions imposed by NHLA, Contest sponsors, and/or other agents participating in the Contest and/or fulfillment of the prize, including without limitation blackout dates, peak period restrictions, expiration dates, and/or additional age restrictions imposed upon the winner and/or the winner’s guest(s). These restrictions are not subject to negotiation. Winner’s guests may be required to sign one or more liability release agreements before being authorized by NHLA or its sponsor to be allowed to participate as winner’s guest on a trip. In addition, such winners and guest(s) are required to travel on the same itinerary, to which changes may not be made once booked, and are solely responsible for obtaining any international travel documents, visas or passports that may be required. Reservations are non-transferable and once booked and confirmed may not be rescheduled. Overnight accommodations will consist only of standard double occupancy accommodations, and winner will be solely responsible for all ground transportation, for the purchase of any items of a purely personal nature, for the payment of any incidental expenses, and for the payment of any taxes, charges, and/or fees. Winners may be required to provide a valid credit card to check into the hotel and to cover incidental expenses. Air travel will consist only of round trip coach air transportation to/from a commercial airport in/near the destination city from/to a commercial airport in the greater metropolitan area in which the Entrant is located. The winner will be solely responsible for all ground transportation and for the pre-payment of any applicable taxes or airport, baggage, or government fees or charges.
- Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate or gift card, the use and/or redemption of such certificate or card may be subject to additional terms and restrictions, including without limitation expiration date, specific locations at which such certificate or card may be redeemed, may be based on availability and may include black-out periods, restrictions or excluded items (i.e., tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified.
- NHLA and Sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of NHLA and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. Additionally, NHLA is not responsible for any work stoppage, bankruptcy or other condition beyond NHLA’s control that may affect NHLA’s ability to provide any of the prizes. NHLA is not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such cancellations, delays or other circumstances beyond NHLA’s control.
- In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited by the Sponsor or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded, and Winner will receive additional information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
- Except by NHLA, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value, prize(s) may not be redeemed for cash, substituted, transferred or assigned, except as may be determined by NHLA at its sole and absolute discretion on a case-by-case basis. Winners are prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize without NHLA’s authorization, which authorization must be in writing by a NHLA representative and will be granted or withheld in NHLA’s sole discretion on a case by case basis.
- Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the Contest rules, and may be issued an IRS Form-1099 for all prizes won from NHLA in any calendar year where the aggregate value of all such prizes is $600 or more.
Other Rules that May Apply to NHLA Contests
- Contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and are void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the how the Contest is conducted. For random drawings, the odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries received. For contests in which winners are qualified for a random drawing to determine the grand prize winner, odds will depend on the total number of Qualifiers. For contests of skill that do not involve any element of chance, odds of winning are not applicable.
- NHLA may or may not respond to inquiries by Entrants or potential Entrants regarding the status of their entry and/or to questions about a Contest, regardless of the means by which such inquiry is made. Any attempt by NHLA to respond to an inquiry will be in the context of providing good customer service only and, in some instances, to address technical issues/problems.
- Participation in a Contest and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes consent by Entrant and/or winner’s (and by winner’s guest(s) if applicable) for NHLA or its agents (i) to interview the Entrant and/or winner(s) (and winner’s guest(s), if applicable), (ii) to photograph, film, and record (audio and/or video) Entrant and/or winner(s) (and winner’s guest(s), if applicable), and (iii) to use in commerce and in any medium now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity and without payment of any compensation or additional consideration: his/her name, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, audio or video recording, Entry Materials, prize information (if any), and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the NHLA, the Promotion, and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in a Contest and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes agreement by Entrant and/or winner (and by winner’s guest(s) if applicable) release, forever discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless NHLA, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, participating Sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, Contest, and/or event (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the said promotion, Contest, and/or event and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through such promotion, Contest, and/or event arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by NHLA, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, Contest, and/or event. In the event that the associated Contest is administered by NHLA (in whole or in part) via a Facebook page, Entrants understand and agree that the foregoing liability release and indemnification in this Section 18 will also include the release and indemnification of Facebook by Entrant in the same manner in which NHLA is released and indemnified.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of a Contest or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, and any other technological failures of any kind. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Contest cannot be conducted and/or if a prize, either in whole or in part, cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- If for any reason a Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that may corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the NHLA reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Contest without prior notice. If the Contest is terminated before the original end date, the NHLA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- Winner List(s): For a list of winners for a particular Contest, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to NHLA mailing address (PO Box 34518, Memphis, TN 38184) identifying the name of the particular Contest for which you would like to receive a winner’s list. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by the NHLA after the Contest is over but prior to three (3) months after the Contest has been concluded.